CNC Machine Table Milled
Yay, three times is the charm. My CNC machine finally milled it’s table flat without motors stalling or random nuts coming loose. Since the second attempt, I tweaked the bearing adjustments on the Y-axis and upped the current to all the motors for more torque. The motors got slightly hotter, but not so much that I couldn’t touch them. I also ran the table cutting program a few times without a tool to work out any other kinks.
Cutting the table seemed to take out the inaccuracies from building and you can see in the corners where the high sides were cut shallower than the low side. When I glued the table together I didn’t notice it was twisted slightly on one end. Luckily it could be compensated for in the end.
The run wasn’t without its problems though. Being so pleased with the dust extractor I built, I got a new filter for the shop vac for maximum performance. It was too much for the all-purpose bucket, and the vacuum imploded it slightly and let all the wood dust through to the vacuum. Once the vacuum filter clogged it quit working and the dust went everywhere. Oh well, I bought a new bucket and some extra filtering material and it seems to be working again.
So now I can start making stuff on it, but since I’ve been putting my energy into building it, I’m not sure how to do that. I’ll probably start by making a fixture and hold-down clamps for circuit boards and plastic sheet. I’ve already read some webpages that I’ll try and emulate, so I just need to put it all together.